Every year, we come across extraordinary New Year’s Eve packages put together by aspiring marketing departments who either want to make our mouths water with envy or target the 1% who may be wealthy enough to have unlimited budgets but lack enough creativity to put together their own plans on how best to celebrate this literally annual event. This year, the prize goes to Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort with what they call the “It’s a Thin Line Between Saturday Night and Sunday Morning” Suite Package starting at $22,500 per night. A two-night minimum stay is required so we’re talking about a $45,000 commitment! Well, we’re not so sure how “laid back” this package really is with that kind of a price tag!
Guests who book the package for a stay in the Jimmy Buffett Presidential Suite or Coral Reefer Vice-Presidential Suite will enjoy the following:
- Luxurious accommodations atop the highest floor of the 17-story resort, with private balconies facing both the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway
- Round-trip limousine transfers between the resort and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, just minutes away
- A stocked suite with a full premium bar including beer, wine, liquor and mixers
- An en-suite, five-course dinner hosted by the resort’s executive chef with pairings from JWB Prime Steak and Seafood (for up to eight people)
- A private poolside cabana each day with beer, wine and unlimited margarita pitchers
- A private yacht charter along the Intracoastal Waterway, complete with an open bar and canapes (for up to 12 people)
- A luxury Margaritaville swimwear makeover for two from the resort’s ‘Live Life Like a Song’ retail store
- An en-suite Bloody Mary bar and bartender to sooth the morning after blues
- One Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker® for creating the perfect party drinks
Note: Reservations must be made at least seven days prior to arrival.
Now that we have completely shocked you with a sticker price of $45,000 for two nights, here’s something a little more affordable.
JWB Prime Steak and Seafood, the resort’s coastal-luxe restaurant concept, is offering a special five-course menu for New Year’s Eve for $175 per person. Highlights of the menu created by Executive Chef Andres Teran include pan seared scallop over English pea purée and shallot gastric; bouillabaisse, a seafood stew with clams, mussels, shrimp and fresh catch with grilled ciabatta; and wine-poached pear with moscato zabaglione, among others. A wine pairing is available for an additional $50 charge. Diners can enjoy party favors, live entertainment and a champagne toast at midnight. JWB will host two seating options – the first will be an à la carte seating at 6pm and the second will be the prix fixe menu seating from 9pm to 1am.
With multiple unique on-site food and beverage outlets, guests and locals alike can also choose to celebrate New Year’s Eve at Margaritaville Restaurant, 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill or LandShark Bar & Grill with live music, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight being offered in each venue. There will also be a pop-up champagne bar in the resort’s lobby from 5pm to 1am.
New Year’s Eve Entertainment at Margaritaville Resort Venues
LandShark Bar & Grill (2nd Floor) Time TBD DJ Blix
5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill 9:00pm-12:30am Tito C. 3 (Classic, New, & Alt. Rock)
Hollywood Beach Bandshell 10:00pm-1:00am Jason K. & Signal Fire (Classic, New, & Alt. Rock)
Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Restaurant 10:00pm-2:00am 30 Vice (Top 40, Latin, Rock, R&B & Party Music)
For more information, visit: https://www.
margaritavillehollywoodbeachre sort.com/holiday-happenings or call (844)-562-5625.
Looking for other places to drink and dine and New Year’s Eve in Hollywood, FL?