Celebrate America’s Independence Day at the City of Fort Lauderdale’s free 4th of July Spectacular, featuring live bands, a kids zone, beach games, contests, family activities and a dazzling fireworks display. The 4th of July Spectacular takes place on Tuesday, July 4 from 12:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Fort Lauderdale Beach at the intersection of A1A and Las Olas Boulevard.
From Noon till 5pm, kids of all ages will enjoy a family fun zone including Bounce Houses, Water Slides, Face Painting, Human Foosball, Beach Games and contests.
Enjoy live music as the sun sets over Fort Lauderdale beach followed by a spectacular fireworks show at 9 p.m. This dazzling pyrotechnic display is simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM and is an annual favorite for all who attend.
Noon – 5pm – DJ
4:30 to 5:45 pm – T-Wave (Reggae band)
6:15 pm-9:00 pm – Stall-4 (80’s Rock Tribute Band)
9:00 pm: Fireworks
Stress-Free Transportation Options
The 4th of July Spectacular offers plenty of stress free, convenient transportation options including a bike valet, flat rate parking at City lots, the Sun Trolley, and even water transportation provided by the Water Taxi and Water Shuttle.
Back by popular demand, the City of Fort Lauderdale’s 4th of July Spectacular offers a FREE bike valet from noon to 10:00 p.m. at the foot of the Las Olas Bridge. Exercise, relieve traffic congestion, and promote sustainability by bicycling to the beach for all of the 4th of July festivities! The Bike Valet is provided by the City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Services Department.
Get to the Great American Beach Party stress free by parking in downtown Fort Lauderdale and hopping aboard designated event shuttles. Downtown parking is available for a flat rate at:
- City Park Garage, 150 S.E. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until midnight)
- County Garage, 151 S.W. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until 7 p.m.)
- One River Plaza, 305 S. Andrews Avenue ($7 flat rate until midnight)
The Water Shuttle and Water Taxis both depart from Las Olas Riverfront, located at 300 S.W. 1st Avenue.
- Runs 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Round Trip: $5 per person, $2 seniors (Active military and kids under 3 are free.)
- Departs every 15 minutes.
- Last trip to Fort Lauderdale Beach for fireworks show departs at 8:00 p.m.
Sun Trolley Expands Service
To catch a ride on the Sun Trolley, wave at the trolley driver from a safe location anywhere along the routes, and the driver will pick you up. The trolleys also have bike stows so that you can Bike ‘n’ Ride.
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017, the Beach and Las Olas Links will be extending their regular schedules from 9:30 a.m. until midnight with extra trolleys on both routes to help guests get to the celebrations as quickly as possible. The Beach Link provides service from Harbor Shops (17th Street Causeway and U.S. 1), east to A1A and northbound to the Galleria at Fort Lauderdale on Sunrise Boulevard. The Las Olas Link runs from the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (SW 2nd St. and SW 5th Ave.) east along 2nd Street to the City Parking Garage (located at the corners of SE 2nd Street between SE 1st Ave. and SE 2nd Ave.), then proceeds to Las Olas Boulevard and travels east to Fort Lauderdale Beach and north on A1A to Vistamar Street.
- Fares: $1 each way or $3 for an all-day pass. Tickets can be purchased onboard the trolleys with cash.
- Free rides will be given to veterans and passengers who show proof, via their phone or parking receipt, that they parked in the City Parking Garage.
- Free rides to those who park at City Park Garage (receipt for parking must be shown)
- Drop off at City Park Garage
- Track Sun Trolley in real time by downloading the app at SunTrolley.com.
Date(s) - 07/04/2017
12:00 pm - 9:30 pm