Celebrate America’s Independence Day at the City of Fort Lauderdale’s free 4th of July Spectacular, featuring live bands, a kids zone, beach games, contests, family activities and a dazzling fireworks display. The 4th of July Spectacular takes place on Tuesday, July 4 from 12:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Fort Lauderdale Beach at the intersection of A1A and Las Olas Boulevard.
From Noon till 5pm, kids of all ages will enjoy a family fun zone including Bounce Houses, Water Slides, Face Painting, Human Foosball, Beach Games and contests.
Enjoy live music as the sun sets over Fort Lauderdale beach followed by a spectacular fireworks show at 9 p.m. This dazzling pyrotechnic display is simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM and is an annual favorite for all who attend.
Noon – 5pm – DJ
4:30 to 5:45 pm – T-Wave (Reggae band)
6:15 pm-9:00 pm – Stall-4 (80’s Rock Tribute Band)
9:00 pm: Fireworks
Stress-Free Transportation Options
The 4th of July Spectacular offers plenty of stress free, convenient transportation options including a bike valet, flat rate parking at City lots, the Sun Trolley, and even water transportation provided by the Water Taxi and Water Shuttle.
Back by popular demand, the City of Fort Lauderdale’s 4th of July Spectacular offers a FREE bike valet from noon to 10:00 p.m. at the foot of the Las Olas Bridge. Exercise, relieve traffic congestion, and promote sustainability by bicycling to the beach for all of the 4th of July festivities! The Bike Valet is provided by the City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Services Department.
Get to the Great American Beach Party stress free by parking in downtown Fort Lauderdale and hopping aboard designated event shuttles. Downtown parking is available for a flat rate at:
- City Park Garage, 150 S.E. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until midnight)
- County Garage, 151 S.W. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until 7 p.m.)
- One River Plaza, 305 S. Andrews Avenue ($7 flat rate until midnight)
The Water Shuttle and Water Taxis both depart from Las Olas Riverfront, located at 300 S.W. 1st Avenue.
- Runs 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Round Trip: $5 per person, $2 seniors (Active military and kids under 3 are free.)
- Departs every 15 minutes.
- Last trip to Fort Lauderdale Beach for fireworks show departs at 8:00 p.m.
Sun Trolley Expands Service
The Sun Trolley will be picking up eventgoers at the City Park Garage, located at 150 S.E. 2nd Street. Drop-off will be at the Las Olas Marina, 240 E. Las Olas Circle.
- Fares: $1 each way or $3 for an all-day pass
- Free rides to veterans (veteran status ID must be shown)
- Free rides to those who park at City Park Garage (receipt for parking must be shown)
- Drop off at City Park Garage
- Track Sun Trolley in real time by downloading the app at SunTrolley.com.
Date(s) - 07/04/2017
12:00 pm - 9:30 pm