Young At Art Museum is hosting the ultimate party for the senses and a unique night of interactive art, libations, culinary experiences, music and more with TASTEMAKERS beginning at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 20 at the Museum, located at 751 S.W. 121 Ave. in Davie. Food and beverage tastings will be provided by local hotspots while guests enjoy art experiences, musical performances and immersive installations, as well as a silent auction and art raffle.
Guests will experience an interactive art exhibition that spans the entire Museum. Coral Morphologic will feature their film Natural History Redux, a compilation of 23 films remixed/remastered and compiled into a half-hour odyssey of the sea, images of spectacular ocean corals found in South Florida and enhanced with light, effects and music, digitally mapped projected on the building and in the courtyard. They’ll also feature “Coral Therapy,” a 360-degree virtual reality film experienced via the Oculus Rift. The viewer will be enveloped by fluorescent corals and sea anemones, much like being inside a virtual planetarium theater. It’s designer to convey a virtual out-of-body experience in which the viewer is transported to a tranquil tropical reef in outer space. An original ambient score enhances the cosmic coral perspective while accentuating the peaceful and relaxing experience.
- Visual artist Sleeper will perform a choreographed performance in handmade costumes to an original score in front of an immersive sculpture.
- Milagros Collective will host a warehouse party like no other as they collaborate with Masune, a seven-member, Gainesville-based band. There will also be a photo-op installation where guests can take photos of themselves lounging on IKEA furniture cloaked in Milagros’s eye popping patterns.
- Alison Kuo, the New York-based visual artist who has been commissioned by institutions across the country to use food in unique ways, will collaborate with Chefs Palamoa and Michael McGowan from Bake-Shop 314. Here guests will navigate through a five course meal / Texas State fair hybrid that will keep them wondering what course is next.
- Jen Clay will exhibit, “UnderNeath,” a series of three video animations that include claymation, stop-motion and puppet techniques. UnderNeath depicts imagined insides of a building as a living organism through a growing wound. This has been reimagined for TASTEMAKERS to include interactive performative sculpture that guests will be able to control themselves.
- Guests also will enjoy live art from Christopher Ian Macfarlane, play original video games by interactive artist and video game maker Samuel Lopez de Victoria and Bar-Mitzvah, a twist on the traditional coming of age party in which guests will celebrate hyperbole, pop culture, light and candle and get lifted on a chair.
Attire is casual chic.
Tickets are $90 per person in advance and $100 at the door. There are a limited number of art raffle tickets available for $375.
Gerry and Ellen Greenspoon will be honored during TASTEMAKERS for their support of the arts in South Florida. Proceeds from TASTEMAKERS will support Young At Art’s community programs for at-risk youth including ArtHouse, ArtREACH and Girls ‘n Power.
Tickets & More Info
For more information, sponsorship opportunities and reservations, please contact Daniella Cabezas at 954-424-5064 or [email protected]
Online Tickets: https://46655.blackbaudhosting.com/46655/Tastemakers-2017
Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/392180617800758/
Date(s) - 05/20/2017
7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Young At Art Museum