Living in south Florida, not all families live in close proximity to each other which makes holidays like Thanksgiving not always as picture perfect as we see on the big screen. Even if you have many friends and family who would like to sit around a traditional dinner table, not everyone looks forward to cooking or cleaning for a large number of guests. That’s why, each year, Weekend Broward prepares a short list of places that will be open on Thanksgiving for your dining pleasure based on our favorite spots for dining and live entertainment in and around Fort Lauderdale.
- Galuppi’s Restaurant & Patio-Bar in Pompano Beach – Known for their huge Sunday Brunch Buffets, this hidden treasure located at the entrance to the Pompano Beach Municipal Golf Course will probably have the largest spread of both traditional and non-traditional foods on their all-you-can eat buffet beginning at Noon on Thanksgiving Day. For 2020, dinners will be served by wait staff for Covid safety. Seating will be available in both their intimate banquet room or out on the patio-terrace overlooking the Greg Norman designed Pompano Greens. RSVP highly recommended (954) 785-0226 $39.95pp (17.95 for kids 4-10)
- Fishtales on 33rd in Fort Lauderdale – Live Music & Great Food are guaranteed 7 Days a week at this intimate restaurant and nightclub located in the North Beach Shopping District of Fort Lauderdale. Thanksgiving will be No Exception. Owner Cathy Vassallo has prepared a special menu with a choice of Prime Rib, Honey-Baked Ham or Fried Turkey, traditional side dishes, soup or salad and dessert for a Prix Fixe of $29.95. Since there are only a limited number of tables inside and out on the patio, reservations are highly recommended. (954) 689-2344.
3. Shooters Waterfront in Fort Lauderdale – Known for their beautiful view of the intracoastal waterway and docks that let you park your boat while you eat indoors or out on their extensive patio, “Shooters” is offering an all-you-can-eat buffet this year. The carving station will offer herb infused roasted turkey, prime rib and honey glazed ham. The buffet will also include soups, salads, traditional sides and desserts including Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie for a set price of $56/pp ($26 for kids 12 and under). Also available: “Thanksgiving To-Go” serves 6-8 people. Order in advance, pick it up hot and ready to serve. $150. Call (954) 566-2855 or visit online for more info.
READERS ALSO SUGGESTED
- Bahama Breeze in Sunrise. Open Noon-8pm. Full menu available plus Island Style Thanksgiving Dinner for $20.49/adults or $8.99 kids portion and Pumpkin Praline Pie $6.49.
- The Field Irish Pub & Eatery Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner available. Live Irish music with Ian Millar from The Irish Rovers from 6:30-8pm
- Cut 432 Complete Thanksgiving Dinner $59.00/person. View menu online for 2020. Regular menu also available.
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek will offer 2 different places with unique menus to dine on Thanksgiving Day: NYY Steak, and 1st Street Diner. Visit their website for individual hours and offerings.
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurants (Coconut Creek, Pembroke Pines, Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale) Complete Thanksgiving dinner $28.99/pp $12.99 12 and under. More info online
- Mai Kai Polynesian Restaurant Two shows 5pm and 8pm with dinner seating 2 hours before each show. $47.50 includes show. $36.00 without. $15.95 children 12 and under. [Closed for renovations during Thanksgiving 2020]
- Tailgators Sports Bar & Grille in Deerfield Beach will be offering a standard Turkey or Ham Thanksgiving plate with all the fixings for $15.99/pp from 1pm till 8pm. Optional reservations. call (954) 420-9787
- Checkers Old Munchen in Pompano Beach is offering a “traditional” Thanksgiving dinner for $24.99 per person. Call for reservations. (954) 785-7565
- Tropical Acres Steakhouse in Fort Lauderdale. Open 1:00-8:00pm on Thanksgiving. Turkey Dinner including soup $30 ($12 for children). Thanksgiving to go also available for celebrating at home. Reservations accepted (954) 989-2500.
- Wild Thyme Oceanside Eatery at the Atlantic Hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach will be offering a 4-course dinner for $49.95. Call (954) 567-8070 for reservations.
PALM BEACH COUNTY SUGGESTIONS
- Seasons 52 PGA Complete Thanksgiving Dinner $29.95/person, $15.00/child (also available at Ft Lauderdale location in The Galleria Mall)
- Park Tavern in Delray Beach. Doors open at 2pm. Thanksgiving Dinner $35.00 See menu online for 2020.
- Prezzo Boca Raton. Open 3-8:30pm. Enjoy a la carte holiday specials like a traditional turkey plate or pecan-crusted red grouper, in addition to a full regular menu. Thanksgiving to go available $85 dinner for 4. Call 561-314-6840 for more details and reservations.
Join our Facebook Group: Thanksgiving Events & Restaurants around Fort Lauderdale
WHAT ABOUT THANKSGIVING EVE?
Be sure to also check out all the Live Music Calendars at WeekendBroward.com for more places to eat, drink and party the night before Thanksgiving, traditionally one of the most popular days of the year for celebrating with friends (and college buddies) before getting together with family on Thursday.