Living in south Florida, not all families live in close proximity to each other which makes holidays like Thanksgiving not always as picture perfect as we see on the big screen. Even if you have many friends and family who would like to sit around a traditional dinner table, not everyone looks forward to cooking or cleaning for a large number of guests. That’s why, each year, Weekend Broward prepares a short list of places that will be open on Thanksgiving for your dining pleasure based on our favorite spots for dining and live entertainment in and around Fort Lauderdale.
- Galuppi’s Restaurant & Patio-Bar in Pompano Beach – Known for their huge Sunday Brunch Buffets, this hidden treasure located at the entrance to the Pompano Beach Municipal Golf Course will probably have the largest spread of both traditional and non-traditional foods on their all-you-can eat buffet beginning at Noon on Thanksgiving Day. Seating will be available in both their intimate banquet room or out on the patio-terrace overlooking the Greg Norman designed Pompano Greens. RSVP highly recommended (954) 785-0226 $39.95pp (14.95 for kids 4-12)
- Fishtales on 33rd in Fort Lauderdale – Live Music & Great Food are guaranteed 7 Days a week at this intimate restaurant and nightclub located in the North Beach Shopping District of Fort Lauderdale. Thanksgiving will be No Exception. Owner Cathy Vassallo has prepared a special menu with a choice of Prime Rib, Honey-Baked Ham or Fried Turkey, traditional side dishes, soup or salad and dessert for a Prix Fixe of $29.95. Since there are only a limited number of tables inside and out on the patio, reservations are highly recommended. (954) 689-2344.
- Shooters Waterfront in Fort Lauderdale – Known for their beautiful view of the intracoastal waterway and docks that let you park your boat while you eat indoors or out on their extensive patio, “Shooters” is offering an all-you-can-eat buffet this year. The carving station will offer herb infused roasted turkey, prime rib and honey glazed ham. The buffet will also include soups, salads, traditional sides and desserts including Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie for a set price of $56/pp ($26 for kids 12 and under). Also available: “Thanksgiving To-Go” serves 6-8 people. Order in advance, pick it up hot and ready to serve. $130. Call (954) 566-2855 for more info.
READERS ALSO SUGGESTED
- LuLu’s Bait Shack Open 11am-2am with turkey dinner added to regular menu.
- Bahama Breeze in Sunrise. Full menu available plus Thanksgiving Dinner and Pumpkin Praline Pie.
- The Field Irish Pub & Eatery Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner $22. Live Irish music with Celtic Bridge from 4-7pm
- The Balcony Three course and our Raw Bar à la carte menu at The Balcony! 11:30am-10pm Adults $49 Children Under 12 $15
PALM BEACH COUNTY SUGGESTIONS
- The Venu in Boynton Beach. Thanksgiving Buffet 1-8 pm. $39/person, $12 for kids under 10.
- Seasons 52 PGA Complete Thanksgiving Dinner $27.95/person, $13.95/child
DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING
Be sure to also check out the Live Music Calendars at www.WeekendBroward.com for more places to eat, drink and party the night before Thanksgiving, traditionally one of the most popular days of the year for celebrating with friends (and college buddies) before getting together with family on Thursday.