Kicking off the Summer Concert Series, Mizner Park Amphitheater and The City of Boca Raton will host a Battle of the Bands on Friday June 7, 2019. There will be two $1,500 cash grand prizes for each category: Teen competition and a 20+ competition. Doors will open at 6pm and the battle is set to begin at 7. But first, participants need to be narrowed down via online applications. The deadline to apply is April 30th.
- Bands must submit a two song demo video with a URL link (ex: YouTube or Vimeo)
- Lyrics cannot include profanity, derogatory remarks, sexually explicit content or violence.
- Finalists in each category will be selected and invited by May 7th to compete at the Battle of the Bands.
- For the purpose of this competition “band” is defined as three or more people with at least two people
playing a musical instrument.
- Bands will compete in one of two categories: Teen competition or 20+ competition.
- Age category will be determined by the majority of the band members ages.
- Submissions for participants under 18 years old will be reviewed once we receive signed parental consent
Band Finalists Rules:
- Bands must bring their own equipment (guitars, amps, keyboards, etc.). Backline (microphones and a drum
set) will be provided by Mizner Park Amphitheater.
- Each band will have 5 minutes to set up approximately 15 minutes to perform.
- Only the band members listed on the registration form will be allowed on stage.
- A panel of judges will score musicians on a point system.
- The removal of clothing and the use of obscene language and gesture are prohibited and will result in the
band being disqualified and escorted from the building.
- All band members must sign a photo/video/voice release form.
- All band members under 18 must have parent permission.
- All band members must show up at 4 pm on June 7th for registration and sound check.
- All completed applications (applications include the registration forms and release forms signed by a parent
or guardian when applicable) must be received no later than April 30th
- Mizner Park Amphitheater staff reserves the right to end a performance prematurely or remove the band
from the lineup if the band does not fully comply with the rules.
- Finalists will be required to be at the venue approximately 3 hours prior to doors opening to the public.
Do you have what it takes to win this Battle? Apply now before it’s too late!
UPDATE: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!
Expressway to the Stars