This year, Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday which is both a boon and a bust for area bars and restaurants and area musicians alike. You see, if the 5th of May lands on a weekday, then an extra opportunity is usually created for a special event bringing in a crowd of customers on, what otherwise, might be a slow night for business. On the other hand, consumers win out with an overwhelming number of choices due to every regularly scheduled Saturday event suddenly becoming an opportunity to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
In order to put together this list, we scoured social media resources, our email, our previous years’ blogs and the entire internet for Cinco de Mayo events at local area bars and restaurants from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach to share here with you – not an easy task when most of them are only announced just a few days before May 5th, so please check back often as we add to this list daily.
BROWARD (Cities around Fort Lauderdale)
O’Malley’s Sports Bar in Margate is throwing a party of it’s own featuring live music by Tuxedo Jesus and $2 tacos, $5 cuervos, 4 single Coronas, $16 buckets.
Cheers Sunrise is celebrating with $3 Margaritas, $3 Dos Equis Amber drafts, $3 Tecate and Tecate light and live music by Rough Shot!
Tatts & Tacos in Oakland Park is throwing yet another one of their infamous block parties – this time on Cinco de Mayo with Live Music, DJ, and Live Entertainment. Kids can enjoy the Kids Zone with a bounce house & free face painting. Beer tastings from a variety of local craft breweries. Complimentary shots throughout the night, authentic Mexican tacos and food, tequila, free henna tattoos, raffles and giveaways and much more. Live music by Sumter followed by Spank the Band starting at 6:30pm.
Also known for their block parties, Tijuana Taxi in Coral Springs won’t disappoint this annual event. After all, they have had lots of practice! This year’s block part promises kids activities, giveaways, Coronas, Legendary Margaritas, Tacos & Tequila, face painting, and a huge stage for DJ Rob Booke starting at 4pm followed by Justin Enco & The Poor Life Decisions Band 8pm-Midnight. A $5 cover from 7pm till close benefits The Lisa Boccard Breast Cancer Fund. Their new location in Deerfield Beach will also be celebrating with DJ Monsta.
Unleash your inner party animal and celebrate “Coco de Mayo” in style at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek on Saturday, May 5 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. In the courtyard between NYY Steak and Sorrisi, guests will enjoy Patrón-spiked margaritas, Mexican street food, a live mariachi band, and nonstop entertainment. Food and drink tickets will be available for purchase at the event. Continue the celebration inside any of the 3 live music venues inside the casino starting at 8pm with Melinda Elena at NYY Legends Lounge, Mouth Tape at The Nectar Lounge, and the About Sunday Band at the Sunset Grill outdoor cafe.
More live music events from our hour by hour calendar:
- 12-4pm Jessie Thompson & Jimi Fiano at Shooter’s Waterfront in Fort Lauderdale
- 5 – 8pm Cruzin’ Duo at Fishtales on 33rd in Fort Lauderdale
- 6 – 11:55pm SPANK the band at Tatts and Tacos in Oakland Park *
- 6 – 10pm Walter Williams at Buster’s Doughboys & Clam Cakes in Plantation
- 7 – 11pm Live Music Showcase at The Portly Pig Gastropub in Dania Beach
- 7 – 10pm Danny Olalla at Grand Pelican Resort in Fort Lauderdale
- 7:30 – 10:30pm Dave Rapollo at Chuck’s Steak House in Fort Lauderdale
- 7:30 – 9:30pm Roll the Stones (Tribute) at Galuppi’s in Pompano Beach
- 8 – 12am King Colton & The Chrome Skulls at Spanx The Hog in Pompano Beach
- 8 – 12am Robbie Williams at Murphy’s Tavern in Fort Lauderdale
- 8 – 12am The Mischiefs Band at Marina-84 in Fort Lauderdale *
- 8 – 12am The Poor Life Decisions Band at Tijuana Taxi in Coral Springs *$
- 9 – 1am Sippin’ Fire at Dive Bar Fort Lauderdale
- 9 – 1am High Fidelity at Johnny O’Brian’s Irish Pub in Coconut Creek
- 9 – 1am Tuxedo Jesus at O’Malley’s Sports Bar in Margate *
- 9 – 1am Bounce at Packy’s Sports Pub in Lighthouse Point
- 9:30 – 1:30am Audio Tramp at Briny Irish Pub in Pompano Beach
- 9:30 – 1:30am Hangin with Brodie at Fishtales on 33rd in Fort Lauderdale
- 10-3am Rough Shot at Cheers Sunrise
- 10-4am Zero Point Zero at Cheers Fort Lauderdale
- 10-2am The Klik at Whiskey Tango in Hollywood
Other events of interest on Cinco de Mayo:
Air Show Displays Open
The Ford Lauderdale Air Show displays and exhibits located on State Road A1A north of Sunrise Blvd will feature simulators, interactive exhibits, and much more. The displays will be open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Free Comic Book Day at Lauderdale Comics
Each year, thousands of participating stores give over six million comic books to millions of fans to introduce them to the wonders of comics. This is the 2nd year Lauderdale Comics celebrates Free Comic Book Day, offering the community a fun, family-oriented event where everyone can find a comic they’ll enjoy. Grab a photo with Local Cosplayers, check out art from Local Artists and grab a bite from Superheroes of Florida while you wait! Come dressed as your favorite character and enter our costume Contest and enter your name to win exciting prizes in our FCBD Raffle!
Free Comic Book Day kicks off at 11am and runs until 7pm at Lauderdale Comics 1929 S Federal Hwy, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316. Call 954-530-6722, visit www.lauderdalecomics.com, or follow @LauderdaleComics on Facebook & Instagram for more information.
PALM BEACH (Boca Raton to West Palm Beach)
Hour by Hour Listings can be found on the Live Music Calendar for Boca-Delray-Palm Beach.
In The Light of Led Zeppelin presents an Evening of Page & Plant at The Lyric Theater in Stuart (Ticketed Event)
Agave lovers will have their hands full with the Huckleberry Finn Margarita ($12), a delicious, spirited romp of top-shelf 1800 Reposado tequila, Hum hibiscus liqueur, Huckleberry syrup, lime juice, raw sugar syrup, and an edible flower to nibble on.
Galley at Hilton West Palm Beach is located at 600 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33401. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 4 p.m.-midnight (Bar), and 5-10 p.m. (Dinner); Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m.-2 a.m. (Bar), and 5-11 p.m. (Dinner); and Sunday, 4 p.m.-midnight (Bar), and 5-10 p.m. (Dinner).