Are you a creature of habit who likes to do the same thing, year after year, going to the same place to celebrate New Year’s Eve or are you more like me, looking for something new and exciting to do, maybe willing to spend a few more dollars but not blow your entire month’s earnings on just one night? Are you single and looking to mingle or a couple looking for that perfectly romantic spot to kiss at midnight? Got kids but no babysitter because it’s New Year’s Eve? My annual guide to New Year’s Eve parties in and around Fort Lauderdale compiles information gathered from multiple sources with a laser focus on supporting live music so if you’re just looking to dance the night away to an electronic beat, you have come to the wrong place, or should I say blog?
LOCAL BARS & RESTAURANTS WITH LIVE MUSIC ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
Tavolino della Notte (Coral Springs) – Seating starts at 6:00pm and ends at 8:30pm and includes 4 Course NYE Menu $99pp or Party Seating from 9:00pm until close includes a table for the rest of the evening to enjoy dinner, dancing & more. Includes 5 Course NYE Menu, Champagne toast & party favors. Live music from Betty Padgett & KRUSH Band. $149 PER PERSON plus alcohol, tax & gratuity. RSVP (954) 509-0046
Gatsby’s Joint (Fort Lauderdale) – Guests will have the option of having a three-course menu for $45 a person or a VIP package with wine pairings, welcome cocktail, & sparkling wine toast for $95 a person. Prizes will be won for the best dressed – so get your sparkly fringe dress, top hats, jewels, and rich feathers out and come dressed to impress! Entertainment by Funky Blues Band. Reservations are required and can be made by emailing [email protected]
Galuppi’s (Pompano Beach) – Choose between coming for dinner and entertainment or skip dinner and participate in the countdown party after 9pm for a reduced price. The complete package includes complete buffet dinner buffet including carving stations and passed hor d’oeuvres and all the benefits of the after-dinner party for $59.95/pp. Or, come after 9pm and pay $20.00 admission for the countdown party with Big Rock Band hosted by Alex Lencina of BIG 105.9. The kitchen will be open till midnight if you get hungry. Either package includes includes party favors, entertainment and champagne toast at midnight (and maybe even some fireworks!). Reservations are not needed for the after-party with open seating on the outdoor patio or bring your own lawn chair. RSVP for dinner (954) 785-0226
Fishtales on 33rd (Fort Lauderdale) – Two options to choose from. Early Bird dinner includes 1 Drink Ticket and live entertainment by Johnny L starting at 4:30pm. After 8pm, complete dinner includes party favors and a champagne toast at midnight with live music by party band Bounce starting at 10pm. $99/pp. RSVP (954) 689-2344.
The Balcony (Fort Lauderdale) – Ring in 2019 at The Balcony with a New Year’s Eve Masquerade Party. $99 to $125/pp includes Open Bar, Grand Buffet including Raw Bar, Seafood, Hors d’oeuvres, Carving Station, Midnight Champagne Toast, Live Band – Breeze (1st Floor) and DJ Rockwell (2nd Floor) + Mardi Gras Entertainers, Party Favors and Balloon Drop at midnight. Note: 21+ after 8pm RSVP (954) 200-6344.
Kelly Brothers Irish Pub (Fort Lauderdale) – This hot spot for blues music will feature live music by JP Soars & The Red Hots, Party favors, birthday cake (for a special guest) and light snacks after the ball drops in Time Square + a-la-carte ordering from their extensive dinner menu. Admission $30/pp. also includes 1 free drink. RSVP (954) 630-2856.
RIP’s Sports Bar at Diamond Strike Lanes (Pompano Beach) – Shaw Davis & The Black Ties ring in the new year with high energy Blues starting at 9:00 pm. No Cover charge. For more details, call (954) 941-0968.
Bogart’s American Kitchen in Hollywood will feature live music by The Livesays (Billy, Cuqui & Jorge with guest percussionist Linda Curtis Anton) 8pm till the countdown at midnight. Dinner reservations are suggested for a 5 course meal, $55pp, $100/couple including champagne toast.
Cagney’s House of Rock (Davie) – Loose Cannons band rings in the New Year at Cagney’s “House of Rock ” starting at 10:30pm. FREE Admission.
Lulu’s Bait Shack (Fort Lauderdale) – Enjoy the ocean breeze as Project-X rocks you into 2019 at this iconic 2nd floor restaurant-bar featuring a New Orleans seafood menu and raw bar. Band is scheduled to begin at 10pm. Free Admission.
Cheers (Fort Lauderdale and Sunrise) – Two New Year’s Eve Bashes to choose from and no cover charge at either location. In Fort Lauderdale, Wrecktifier will rock you into 2019. Further west, White Noise brings the rockin’ party spirit to Sunrise. Both bands start at 10pm. Cheers Sunrise is offering a FREE Buffet from 8pm til 10pm with $5 cover, FREE Champagne toast at midnight, FREE Party Favors, a Spectacular Confetti & Light Show
and Video Countdown. Kitchen – Open til 3am.
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek features live music in the following areas:
- Reymz at NYY Legends Lounge (8pm)
- Furious George at Sunset Grill (9pm)
- Jeffrey James Gang at Nectar Lounge (9pm)
- Sister Sledge at The Pavilion stage. Doors open at 10 p.m. with Miami-based DJ Katrella getting the party started. Then, the band known best for their hit “We Are Family” takes the stage at 11 p.m., . At midnight, guests will enjoy a champagne toast to ring in the new year. Tickets are $95 per person, and include two drinks, a champagne toast, and party favors. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 653-8000.
Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort has several options to ring in 2019 including:
- Family-Friendly Affair at Margaritaville Restaurant– Dance your way into 2019 with the whole family at Margaritaville Restaurant with live music by Hyryze, champagne toast, party favors, and midnight balloon drop. The restaurant is serving a prix fixe menu beginning at 9 PM, offered for $125 per adult and $60 per child.
- Poolside Soiree at the Lone Palm – South Florida’s best outdoor party is back! Party in paradise to tunes spun by DJ Johnny Ramirez (from 102.7 FM — The Beach) while sipping frozen concoctions until a special midnight countdown. Cabanas and daybeds can be reserved for groups and include open bar, a bottle of champagne, party favors and a charcuterie platter. The party starts at 8 PM and ticket prices are $50+. Also, local party-band, Havoc 305, will be performing at The Hollywood Beach Theater.
- 4-Course Prix Fixe Menu at JWB Prime Steak and Seafood– JWB will host two prix fixe seatings at 5 PM and 8 PM featuring a diverse selection of plates. See set menus here. Diners will be able to countdown to midnight with a live DJ and saxophonist, as well as party favors and a Moet & Chandon Toast.
- Across the street, you can grab a drink to toast the new year with live music by Curbstone at 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill.
You Might also be interested in: