The City of Coral Springs will host a celebration in honor of Juneteenth, Freedom Day; a day that symbolizes the abolition of slavery in the United States of America on Saturday, June 17th on the grounds of the City Hall. The celebration will feature messages of hope from community leaders, dance performances by local groups, giveaways from local vendors, live music from FM Band, and DJ music by DJ Lockedown of Epik Entertainment. Children will enjoy lawn games, arts & crafts, balloon twister, photo booth and more. Specialty food and drinks from food trucks will also be available for purchase.
- Heavenly Churros
- Alpine Ice
- Pink Yum Yum
- Playa Bowls
- 21 Flavas
- Granny B’z Chicken and Waffles
- The Greek Gyro Truck
- Heart and Soulfood Truck
- Popo’s Seafood
- Steves Wood Fired Pizza
Specialty drinks will be available for purchase
- Arts & Crafts
- Photo Booth
- Game Area
- Balloon Twister
- Coral Springs 60th Anniversary Merchandise will be available for purchase
- Amazon VIP Lounge – Tickets to the Amazon VIP Lounge $50/ticket
- include two drinks and access to a covered seating area with bistro lighting and mounted fans. VIP tickets also include discounts at the on-site food trucks, complimentary bottled water, phone charging station access, and back massages provided by Coral Springs Chiropractic. Purchase online.
Event sponsors are Broward Health, Al Hendrickson Toyota, Blue Stream Fiber, Baptist Health, Predesco Property Investments, ADU Salon and Floor & Décor.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs.
Official event website: https://www.coralsprings.gov/Events-directory/Juneteenth-Celebration
Juneteenth marks the liberation of thousands of enslaved men, women and children of Galveston, Texas on June 19, 1865 – two and a half years after President Lincoln had already signed the Emancipation Proclamation.
You Might Also Like:
- City of Coconut Creek Juneteenth Freedom Day Celebration (Friday, June 16, City Hall 6:30 – 9pm)
- City of Deerfield Beach Juneteenth Freedom Fest (Saturday, June 17, Oveta McKeithen Recreational Complex 2pm – 8pm)
- 22nd Annual Blues & Sweet Potato Pie Festival (Saturday, June 17, Apollo Park Pompano Beach 11am – 4:30pm)
- City of Tamarac Freedom Festival (Friday, June 16, Tamarac Sports Complex, 7 – 9:30pm)
- REDteenth Cultural Festival at Wellington Amphitheater (Monday, June 19)
- Junteenth Family Day at City Hall Plaza hosted by Commissioner Yvette Colbourne (June 19 11am-3pm)