Hailed as one of the largest and most exciting New Year’s Eve celebrations in south Florida, The City of Fort Lauderdale sponsors a free street festival that is filled with fun and entertainment for both children and adults alike. The spectacular celebration features a variety of activities for the whole family starting at 3:30 p.m. with an early countdown and “anchor” drop at 7 p.m.
The festivities for kids will include bounce houses/inflatables, face painting and games, contests and dancing with DJ William Pennhouse, and free caricatures until 7:30pm (based on previous year’s schedule). The City of Fort Lauderdale will drop the “Anchor” at midnight followed by brief fireworks and live music until 1am.
Alcohol will be available for purchase and cannot be brought in. It all takes place at SW 2nd and SW 5th next to Esplanade Park located across the street from the Museum of Discovery & Science in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Downtown Countdown Event Schedule (subject to change without notice)
3:30 to 8:30 p.m. — Family Fun Zone
- 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. Inflatables, face painting, DJ with music, games & contests
- 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Special appearance by OBIE, the Orange Bowl Mascot
- 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. Kids Countdown to illuminate anchor & Line dancing
7:45 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Headline band: Pocket Change (Opening Band to be announced)
Radio personality Joe Johnson will MC during the live music, countdown and lighting festivities.
More details and updates will be posted at: www.fortlauderdale.gov/departments/parks-recreation/special-events/downtown-countdown
For many more New Year’s Eve parties around Fort Lauderdale, visit:
- Countdown to 2019 in and around Fort Lauderdale
- Hour by Hour live music calendar for Broward County
- Ring in 2019 with live music throughout the Palm Beaches
Date(s) - 12/31/2018 - 01/01/2019
3:30 pm - 1:00 am