The Broward Folk Club is pleased to bring the South Florida Folk Festival back to the Bergeron Rodeo Grounds in Davie, FL for a much anticipated live event expanded to two days this year. The weekend-long event takes place Saturday and Sunday February 4-5, 2023 and features two stages of non-stop entertainment including folk, bluegrass, jazz, world music and Americana.
Local and national talent include American Idol Crystal Bowersox, guitar virtuoso Brian Smalley, local bluegrass group Matthew Sabatello and the Rambling String Band, and folk legends The Kennedys to name just a few. Local musicians are invited to bring their own instruments and jam with one another, participate in workshops to learn new musical skills, including a kids ukulele workshop on Saturday.
- Live music on two stages
- Workshops led by performers
- Jam area
- Food and beverage area
- Crafts and CD Sales
Main Stage (12:30-7:30 pm)
- Nick Annis, Singer songwriter, political satire
- Reckless Saints, Americana duo
- Eddy Balzola, Cuban Jazz Guitarist
- Jordi Baizan, Texas singer/songwriter
- Valerie C. Wisecracker & Walking Catfish, Florida songwriter and storyteller
- Brian Smalley, Guitar Virtuoso
- Crystal Bowersox, Singer/Songwriter (American Idol Season 9)
Gator Stage (12-5pm)
- South Plantation High School Jazz Ensemble, Knights of Swing, Under the direction of Charlie Arbelaez
- Mike Agranoff, Singer-songfinder, Raconteur
- Sarah McCulloch and Raiford Starke, Country/Americana Singer-Songwriters
- Grant Livingston, Florida Singer Songwriter
- Gary Bremen, storyteller and National Park Ranger
- Michela Musolino, Sicilian Singer/World music performer
Main Stage (12:30-6:30 pm)
- Vinnie Del Basso with Bill Ackerman, Broward Rockers
- Scott Jackson, Singer/songwriter
- Annie Wenz & Tom Prasada-Rao, Folk and Acoustic Singer Songwriters
- Ruth Wyand, Country Blues
- Grant Peeples, Political songwriter
- The Kennedys
- Matthew Sabatella and the Rambling String Band
Gator Stage (12-4 pm)
- Jazz Education Community Coalition
- Karen Feldner music, Singer/songwriter
- John R. Butler, Singer/songwriter
- Alligator Alley Bluegrass
- Aaron Nathans, Philadelphia Folk Singer/Songwriter
Visit https://browardfolkclub.com/festival/ for the complete schedule of entertainment, workshops and more
Tickets range from $50 for 1 day or $80 for 2 days with discounts available for members of the Folk Club which makes this a great time to join.
For advanced ticket purchase, visit: https://browardfolkclub.com/festival-2023-tickets/
Children 12 and under are admitted free (with paid adult).
ABOUT THE BROWARD FOLK CLUB
Broward Folk Club is a (501)(c)(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote folk and acoustic music and to provide a community for people who share a love for it.
If you’d like to join NOW, visit www.browardfolkclub.com/Join.html
Ever since its inception in 1990, the Festival has been a combination of a music fest, family reunion, community gathering, and weekend musical retreat.
For more information on the festival, visit: https://browardfolkclub.com/festival/
For more information on the Broward Folk Club, visit: www.browardfolkclub.com/
Note: No outside coolers will be permitted