Slide off your shoes and slip into the weekend! Friday Night Sound Waves,the free weekly concert series presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District, returns to The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) for the start of their 7th season on Friday, March 18, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Friday Night Sound Waves welcomes locals and visitors, the young and the young at heart, to enjoy some of South Florida’s best musical talents, performing an eclectic range of genres, including Jazz, Latin, Country, Top 40, Indie, Oldies and Classic Rock. Returning this season is the Friday Night Sound Waves Dance Party powered by Florida Power & Light (FPL) during the band break.
Attendees are invited to come early to enjoy a variety of pre-concert activities, ranging from lawn games to open workouts with OutFit Training that will take place at 5 p.m. and again at 6:15 p.m. New this season is the addition of local restaurants and vendors, providing a rotation of food and drinks to enjoy before, during and after the show.
Scheduled for the first half of the 2022 Friday Night Sound Waves series, performers include*:
- March 18 – Urge – Opens up the season, performing Classic Rock hits you know and love from the 70’s to today.
- March 25 – KRUSH Band Party, Classic Hits – KRUSH Party Band can’t wait to get everyone up and dancing under the stars! KRUSH Party Band is a professional entertainment powerhouse; they’ve been performing together at top Florida venues for over 15 years.
- April 1 – The Stray Jackets, Pop and Top 40 Covers –The Stray Jackets were studio musicians for a ton of huge stars. Now, they’re in the spotlight, rockin’ 80s & 90s hits, classic rock & more.
- April 8 – Tim Charron, Country – Tortuga Music Festival Weekend – Come see Tim Charron light up Ft. Lauderdale beach with the “Country Rock with a twist of lime” that has taken him all over the world.
- April 15 – Sabor Latino –Experience the heat and excitement of Salsa and Latin Jazz, provided by South Florida band Sabor Latino. Sabor Latino can put together a slammin’ set of Salsa or step it down a notch with Latin Jazz tunes that are great for listening or dancing.
- April 22 – Derek Mack Band, R&B and Soul – The Derek Mack Band is a high-energy, versatile group of musicians that brings a variety of styles and moods to please anyone’s musical taste, performing music from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today.
- April 29 – The Goodnicks – It’s always a Great Night with The Goodnicks – and it’s going to be a great night in the air and on the ground as we kick off Air Show Weekend on Fort Lauderdale Beach
- May 6 – Mr. Nice Guy – Needing absolutely no introduction, Mr. Nice Guy Band rolls in to #TheLOOP’s Intracoastal Park for a night of all your Classic Rock favorites. NOTE: CHANGE OF LOCATION to Las Olas Intracoastal Promenade Park – next to the garage on the water
- May 13 – Bobby Nathan Band, Blues and R&B – with US National Senior Games , co-sponsored by Humana – Get ready to dance, groove and sing along to a free-flowing musical journey of the most recognized artists of our time, w/Bobby Nathan Band.
- May 20 – Turnstiles, A Billy Joel Tribute Band – with US National Senior Games, co-sponsored by Humana – Turnstiles’ energetic renditions of Billy Joel’s songs bring generations together, entertaining casual listeners and hard-core fans alike.
- May 27 – Southern Blood, Southern Rock – Memorial Day Weekend Presented by SunTex Marinas – The Southern Blood Band is a “Salute to American Southern Rock” with hard driving grooves, signature Southern vocals & dueling guitar force.
- June 3 – Bombshell, 70’s Rock – Bombshell is a tight-knit, 4-piece cover band that puts their own spin on a wide selection of Rock, Pop & Dance music from the 70s – today.
- June 10 – The Wolfepak Band, Classic Hits and R&B – Wolfepak’s repertoire is inspired by their backgrounds in Rock, Blues, Jazz & Funk. Get ready for an action-packed performance filled with powerhouse vocals, full-bodied harmonies, world-class guitar, masterful piano solos, driving bass lines and an equally superb percussion section that will pull the crown deep into the rhythm.
- June 17 – GDR, Greatest Decades of Rock, 80’s/90’s Classic Rock – GDR Greatest Decades of Rock are joining Friday Night Sound Waves listeners, to deliver the all-time classic hits of the 70s and 80s.
- June 24 – Beatlemaniax USA, A Beatles Tribute Band – Presented by Florida Power & Light – Global Beatles Day – In celebration of Global Beatles Day, we welcome BEATLEMANIAX-USA. The BEATLEMANIAX-USA perform the Beatles classic songs from their “touring years”, 1962-1966 and recreate songs from the “studio years” 1967-1970 which were never performed in concert by The Beatles themselves.
- July 1 – Shane Duncan, All genres – Presented by Florida Power & Light – Enjoy the popular The Shane Duncan Band, a high-energy Country Rock band that delivers a nonstop performance and leaves the crowd wanting more.
*Performers schedule subject to change
The most convenient place to park to access the event is the Las Olas Beach Parking Garage, where the PayByPhone payment option can be used, and parking can be extended from anywhere using the mobile PayByPhone APP.
For more information, visit FridayNightSoundWaves.com.