Slide off your shoes and slip into the weekend! The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park System) Fort Lauderdale Beach will host Friday Night Sound Waves,the free weekly concert series presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District. The series is returning for the second half of its 6th season on Friday, Oct. 8, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Friday Night Sound Waves welcomes area locals and global visitors, the young and the young at heart, to enjoy some of South Florida and the region’s best musical talents, performing an eclectic range of genres, including Jazz, Latin, Country, Top 40, Indie, Oldies and Classic Rock. Preceding each concert is a member-based open workout with OutFit Training, a rotation of children’s classes, live art experiences and other activities including a pop-up Music & Makers Market.
Music & Makers provides the opportunity for guests to engage with local artists and innovators representing the diverse and creative South Florida community. Curated by Carley Sumner, producer of the wildly popular Flamingo Flea, the weekly pop-up showcase features a rotation of the best vintage, jewelry, skincare, upcycled clothing, homewares, craft-batched foods and handmade accessories in South Florida. Acoustic music, live art, children’s activities and street performers will provide entertainment from 5 – 6:30 p.m. before the free Friday Night Sound Waves concerts at The LOOP.
The full 2021 Friday Night Sound Waves lineup includes:
- Oct. 8: ReaXtion Band — ReaXtion Band brings their high-energy mix of Classic Top 40s, Disco, Funk, Old School, R&B and Motown music to the main lawn at The LOOP. Bring those dancing shoes and get ready to boogie on down.
- Oct. 15: VAM BAND — VAM BAND is a Funk Tribute Dance Band performing Pop/Top 40, Soul, R&B, Motown, Latin, Reggae and more.
- Oct. 22: 30Vice — South-Florida-born and Nashville based 30Vice makes a return visit to the Friday Night Sound Waves stage performing a range of classic hits to today’s current chart toppers! Whether it’s Pop, R&B, Disco, Rock, Country or Latin, they play it all!
- Oct. 29: H20: A Hall & Oates Experience — “H2O: The Music of Hall & Oates” is a dedicated theatrical performance paying tribute to “The Greatest Duo in Rock and Roll History.” Over a year in the making, the show re-produces the amazing artistry and hit after hit from the Hall and Oates 50 Year career library. The concert coincides with the 62nd annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, October 27 – 31, 2021.
- Nov. 5: Bobby Nathan Band — Bobby Nathan Band is a six-piece band performing iconic songs from the most stellar artists of our time including: DNCE, Sublime, 5 Seconds of Summer, Megan Trainor, Robert Palmer, Rod Stewart and more.
- Nov. 12: Tim Charron Band – Country rock recording artist Tim Charron divides his time between Nashville and Florida and has three albums including “Chasing The Sun,” which was recorded with Jason Aldean’s band. The concert coincides with Tortuga Music Festival.
- Nov. 19: KRUSH — KRUSH Party Band is a professional entertainment powerhouse, performing favorites such as Motown, R&B, Classic Dance, Disco Hits, Classic Dance Rock and much more!
- Nov. 26: Peter Mayer Stars & Promises – Singer, songwriter, guitarist and three-decades-long lead guitarist for Jimmy Buffett’s Coral Reefer band, Peter Mayer brings his world-class seven-piece band and widely acclaimed Christmas tour, “Stars and Promises,” to The LOOP to open the Wonderland Holiday Series. Presented by the Broward County Cultural Division and supported by the City of Fort Lauderdale Beach Improvement District, the concert is free to the public for the first time ever and features a post-performance VIP Meet & Greet with the band to benefit Dillard Center for the Arts.
- Dec. 3: Mitch Herrick and the Homegrown Sinners — Roots-Rocker Mitch Herrick & the Homegrown Sinners bring an eclectic range of originals and interpretive covers of songs you know and love. Herrick, most notably known for his involvement with the South Florida based band SOSOS, brings an eclectic range of originals and interpretive covers of songs you know and love from an equally diverse range of artists, ranging from Tom Petty to Stevie Wonder and Matchbox 20 to Pink Floyd. Part of the Wonderland, Rockin’ Round the Christmas Tree Weekend Dec. 2 – 5, 2021.
- Dec. 10: Ticket To The Moon – Ticket To The Moon delivers a one-of-a-kind show, both sonically and visually, which will make any fan feel like they’re on a musical space ride featuring the music of Electric Light Orchestra. Lead singer and founder Reggie Fecteau has assembled a ‘dream team’ of musicians whose training and performance history is second to none. Part of the Wonderland Nutcrackers + Sweets Weekend, Dec. 9 – 12, 2021.
- Dec. 17: Gypsy Lane – It’s a Disco inferno and decade’s remix. Bring your boogie shoes, get your groove on and hop aboard the love train with Gypsy Lane. Performances will cover genres such as Mo’town, Reggae, Soul, Funk, Disco and Hip Hop. Part of the Winter Wonderland Weekend, Dec. 16 – 19, 2021.
- Dec. 24: Friday Night Sound Waves Christmas Eve Concert – This will be a Christmas Eve to remember with a Night of Sinatra featuring Jeff Grainger and The Hoboken 11 Big Band. Critics call Granger the “Closest to Sinatra” they ever heard. Backed by his Big Band, you’ll feel as if you were back in the Swing Era. Bring the whole family for an evening of classic Sinatra tunes and Holiday hits on Christmas Eve listening to the Sounds of Sinatra. Presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale Beach Improvement District, the concert is free to attend and welcomes all ages. A limited number of VIP Supper Club style tables for 4 include seating, Charcuitterie board and beverages.
- Dec. 31: Friday Night Sound Waves New Year’s Eve On The Beach with The Goodnicks – Enjoy live music, watch the ball drop in New York City via a live stream on jumbo screens and stay for the laser light show at midnight. The Goodnicks are a melodic three- and four-part harmony pop, rock, dance, country outfit that, while establishing its own sound, was derived from such rock and country greats as Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Goo Goo Dolls, Kiss and the Eagles, just to name a few.
Every Friday, Oct. 8 – Dec. 31, 2021, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Las Olas Oceanside Park: 3000 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
The most convenient place to park to access the event is the Las Olas Beach Parking Garage.
This event is free and open to the public.